Skip to main content

Slay Doubt Challenge - Chapter 11 Reflections

Slay Doubt by Detola Amure

Focus and Endurance

"... firstly, realise that not every idea that is good is from God. There are good ideas and there are God ideas. To discover which ones are from God and not what has come from your flesh, or what everyone else is doing or saying or the most popular option out there, take all the options back to God, the key stakeholder in your project, and ask Him what idea you need to focus on right now."


Our calling is bigger than us - it feeds into God's bigger picture. We all have our unique and individual race in life we're running and so we must ensure we stay in our lane.

To focus means to have a point of concentration. Detola advised that to stay focused, there needs to be an understanding of what is key in any season. She explained that in trying to do this, many wonderful ideas will come. We need to identify where these ideas come from, God or another source. This is because not all ideas are God ideas, some seeming grand ideas are merely distractions, with the sole aim of getting us off track.

God knows what we should work on in any season and as His dearly loved children, it is our responsibility to go back to Him for direction on what steps to take.

Detola also mentioned the concept of praying bold prayers, expecting to hear from God with specific instructions. 

Endurance means continuance or a state of lasting duration; lastingness. Detola taught that endurance is the ability to endure pain by focusing on the reward, not the circumstances we may be facing.

There's so much information to digest from this chapter. 

As someone who finds it relatively easy to start projects, I found this chapter was very instructive. I can count the number of projects I've started but as I type, I'm yet to see them through to successful completion and I think this is mainly because of a lack of focus amongst other things. I now have an increased understanding of the importance of focusing on God-given ideas.

One of my key actions from this chapter is to spend time in prayer seeking clarification from the Lord on the things I need to focus on in this season and what I need to drop or temporarily release.

BelovedEsther 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from "As a man thinketh" by James Allen

"As a being of intelligence, power and love, and the lord of his own thoughts, man holds the key to every situation, and contains within himself that transforming and regenerative agency by which he may make himself what he wills." Awareness: I hold the key to the change I desire, I must learn to look inwards and begin to work this principle in my life.

Day 6 - 30 Day Minimalist Challenge

Day 6 - 6 canvas bags for life

Reflections from "As a man thinketh" by James Allen

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash "The outer condition of your life is always a reflection of your inner state. We are victims of circumstances only so long as we consider ourselves pawns of fate, tossed here and there by outside forces. But if you realise your creative power - if you assume responsibility for the seeds and soil of your inner garden - then you become the master of your fate' James Allen Awareness - As long as I continue to think of myself as the victim of circumstance, nothing will change. Take Action/Change - As master of my fate, I will no longer have a victim mentality but turn it around by working on the inner garden of my mind/thoughts