Skip to main content

Slay Doubt Challenge - Chapter 7 Reflections


Welcome back :)

It is such an amazing day today; I hope you got the chance to bask in the sunshine, even if for a few quick moments.

Let's continue with my reflections from Detola Amure's book, Slay Doubt.

Enjoy your preparation season

This chapter examines the preparation we need to go through as we wait for opportunities to show up.

Here are some points that stood out to me during the live review of this chapter.

Detola helped me understand the need and importance of preparation. She advised that the opportunities I've been waiting on will surely come and then the preparation will speak. This led to a deeper conversation on what it means in this context to prepare.

Detola highlighted some key areas to focus on.
  • Attitude. Attitude is almost everything.
    This is something I'd heard previously, but hearing it mentioned again pushed me to do a quick mental scan of how I've been showing up regarding my attitude. I quickly realised that I've not always been the best at this and as a result may have missed out on some opportunities. Sometimes, as we do from time to time, I let my emotions get the best of me. Detola reminded us that the one with the right attitude attracts opportunities for success, that individual wins, so I will be constantly reviewing my attitude and work on improving when see that I'm not showing up positively.
  • Mentors. Surround yourself with mentors.
    Detola also highlighted the importance of mentors. I mentioned in a previous post how I'm working with a coach and it's been amazing. I am discovering things about myself I wasn't aware of. I'm fortunate to have mentors who speak into my life and instruct me in specific areas. I find this to be an invaluable resource and I encourage you to get a mentor in an area of your life you need help with.
  • Seasons. Know our season and adjust to change.
    This point helped me see more clearly that God is more concerned about my character than my comfort. Character building affects positively or negatively my nation, the people I'm called to serve. 
My takeaway from this session is not to rush the preparation period, invest in my coaches and mentors, humble myself to listen to and do what they instruct, and know and understand the season I'm in and adjust accordingly.


BelovedEsther

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflections from "As a man thinketh" by James Allen

"As a being of intelligence, power and love, and the lord of his own thoughts, man holds the key to every situation, and contains within himself that transforming and regenerative agency by which he may make himself what he wills." Awareness: I hold the key to the change I desire, I must learn to look inwards and begin to work this principle in my life.

Day 6 - 30 Day Minimalist Challenge

Day 6 - 6 canvas bags for life

Reflections from "As a man thinketh" by James Allen

Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash "The outer condition of your life is always a reflection of your inner state. We are victims of circumstances only so long as we consider ourselves pawns of fate, tossed here and there by outside forces. But if you realise your creative power - if you assume responsibility for the seeds and soil of your inner garden - then you become the master of your fate' James Allen Awareness - As long as I continue to think of myself as the victim of circumstance, nothing will change. Take Action/Change - As master of my fate, I will no longer have a victim mentality but turn it around by working on the inner garden of my mind/thoughts